ant-user mailing list archives

From Alex Honor <>
Subject Can't execute 'script' task. Get java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:24:32 GMT

Hi All,
Experiencing some trouble using the Ant 'script' task. I am trying to test
using a simple build.xml with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<project name="groovyfun" default="groove">
  <property name="message" value="Hello world"/>
  <target name="groove">
    <script language="groovy" manager="bsf">
      println("message is " + message)

I get the following error when I try and run it:

$ /usr/local/apache-ant/1.7.0/bin/ant -f /tmp/build.xml
Buildfile: /tmp/build.xml

/tmp/build.xml:5: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

I am using a Apache Ant 1.7.0 and have installed the recommended BSF and
Groovy optional Jars into $ANT_HOME/lib.

Thanks for any help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message