ant-user mailing list archives

From Knuplesch, Jürgen <>
Subject AW: cvs behaviour
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 05:45:36 GMT

Do you use argument line or argument value?

I always have troubles with argument line, because you dont know what cvs command you do.
Use argument value for each command line argument as in the example I used:

 <cvs cvsroot="${cvs.root}" cvsrsh="${cvs.rsh}" dest="${cvs.exportboxbase}">
        <argument value="xxxexport" />
        <argument value="-r" />
        <argument value="${cvs.branchtag}" />
        <argument value="${cvs.project}" />

Jürgen Knuplesch
icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275
Sophienstraße 40
D-70178 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 806098-299

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Chris Velevitch []
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Juni 2007 11:15
Betreff: cvs behaviour

The cvs task behaves unexpectantly. At the commandline 'cvs export -d dest -r tag module'
exports the content of the module the 'dest'. The ant task cvs creates a directory called
'module' in 'dest' and copies the contents of the module 'module' to the directory 'dest/module'.
Is this a known problem or is there some attribute I need to add to make behave the same as
at the commandline?

Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group
m: 0415 469 095

To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message