ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi Roy" <ravi.a...@gmail.com>
Subject How to add a file to existing zip archive into a existing folder
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:56:54 GMT
Hi All,

I have a zip archive, which I want to update with adding a new file to
specific folder in the zip archive.

Example :

I have abc.zip containing the directory structure :

     mainfolder\a.jar

     mainfolder\subfolder\b.jar

My problem is I want to add a c.properties to mainfolder\subfolder. But I
did not find any such example in the documentation.

Though files can be added, but not specified somewhere if somebody wants to
add to a particular directory in zip archive.

The following example adds c.properties to the root of testfile.zip but for
me it is not possible to add this file to a specific folder in the said zip
archive.

<project name="test" default="main">

  <property environment="env" />

  <property name="zip.dir" value="C:\testzip" />

  <target name="main">

    <zip basedir="${zip.dir}"  destfile="${zip.dir}\testfile.zip"
update="true">

        <include name="c.properties" />

    </zip>

  </target>