ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: zipfileset dir vs src
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 04:32:12 GMT
On Wed, 30 May 2007, <yitzle@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On 5/30/07, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 May 2007, <yitzle@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> > I am trying to add a single file to a jar.
>>
>> Where is the file?  Inside a ZIP/JAR/WAR archive or in a plain
>> directory on your disk?  You use src for the former and dir in the
>> directory case.
>>
>> > This works:
>> > <zipfileset dir="${src}" prefix="WEB-INF" includes="web.xml" />
>>
>> So it is in a directory.
>>
>> > This gives an error about not being able to access the file:
>> > <zipfileset src="${src}/web.xml" prefix="WEB-INF" />
>>
>> web.xml certainly is no valid ZIP archive, so this can't work.
>>
>> Why do you want to use src at all?
>>
>> Stefan
>
> Maybe I'm doing this all backwards...  I have a <jar> task and there
> are a bunch of <zipfileset>'s inside that point to the directories
> and files that get included in the jar.

zipfileset is different from a plain fileset in two ways.  (1) You can
specify prefix/fullpath attributes to create a different structure
than is on your disk and (2) you can use the src attribute to read
from a ZIP file instead of a directory tree.

In your case you only need (1) so there is no reason to use src at
all.  Just build your zipfilesets using dir and everything should be
fine.

Stefan