ant-user mailing list archives

From George Storm <gst...@divxcorp.com>
Subject Adding the Ant-Contrib Tasks
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 09:42:31 GMT
I wish to use the "var" referenced from this link:
<http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/variable_task.html>

I have downloaded and extracted the 1.0b3 files.

I am referencing the installation documentation:
<http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/ >

I am attempting to install based on the first option

I have placed the ant-contrib-1.0b3.jar into my ~/local/ant/lib folder.

Do I need to copy the other files that were extracted and where to?

It says to include the following line in my script:

<taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml"/>

When I do I get the error:
Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

As there are no .xml files in what I extracted I am at a loss as to where
they want my path to actually point to.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- George Lawrence Storm, DivX, Inc.