ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Settting environment variables
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 13:31:52 GMT
using embedded env
  <env key="PATH" path="${env.PATH}:${basedir}/bin"/>

use in property
 <property environment="env"/>
  <echo message="INCLUDE = ${env.INCLUDE}"/>
  <echo message="PATH is set to = ${env.PATH}"/>

note..the env variable is case-sensitive
so path is not Path is not PATH
M--

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: query
  To: ant
  Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 5:37 AM
  Subject: Fwd: Re: Re: Settting environment variables

  I again tried to set PATH and INCLUDE env variables. But when I echo the env variables after
modifying the variables, changes are not reflected in the log file.
  My ANT script change is:
  property environment="env"/>
  <exec executable="cmd">
        <env key="include" path="${new.includepath}"/>
  </exec>
  <echo message ="include=${env.include}"/>

  Similarly I have tried for Path env variable. But it is not working.

  If there is any other way to set variables, please let me know. Due to this issue, it is
hampering my work.........

  Note: Forwarded message attached