ant-user mailing list archives

From ckn...@onebox.com
Subject How to?: run a custom Java program against a <fileset>
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 14:58:18 GMT
I have prepared a Java program to use regexes to swap a list of strings for others in a text
file. I'd like to create an Ant <target> that would run the program against a set of
files located in a specific directory.

At first glance, it seems that I should be able to use the <fileset> type and the <java>
task to do this, but I can't find anything in the help files that addresses this. During many
years of learning new programming languages and environments, I have learned that when I can't
find any documentation on how to do something that I think ought to be simple, it usually
means that I have some deep misunderstanding about the topic.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Must I develop a custom Ant task to do this,
or am I just overlooking something obvious.

Thanks.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email