ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chun Ji" <...@pro-unlimited.com>
Subject RE: Overwrite files at the remote site.
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 16:46:52 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 2:44 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Overwrite files at the remote site.

Chun Ji wrote:
> Hi there,
> I am using the "FTP" task in ANT to update a group of files at a remote site, but sometimes,
some files at the remote site are read-only, and my ANT will fail because of that. Is that
any way I can do a chmod of these read-only files.

the ftp task lets you do a chmod of existing files, or delete them...so
run the appopriate <ftp> ops before the upload. consult the docs for
examples

-steve

Thank you. Actually that was the first thing I have tried, but it does not work. Either my
Ant script is wrong or "chmod" does not work with "del" task ? Here is the build.xml that
I have used.

"
<target name="cleanfiles">
    <ftp action="del"