ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Wood" <>
Subject Subant and inheritrefs question
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 14:23:56 GMT
I have a question about how this should work. I have an outer wrapper
script that executes a subant as follows:

  <target name="build-application" depends="build-application-init" >
      <subant target="build" inheritrefs="true" >
          <propertyset refid="" />
          <filelist refid="" />

This in in turn executes a further subant as follows:

       <subant target="build" inheritrefs="true"  >
          <propertyset refid="" />
          <filelist dir="." id="" >
              <file name="util.xml" />

The build target in the util.xml file is not getting the necessary
subant properties that are passed in unless I pass a propertyset as
highlighted above.
I thought that the inheritrefs="true" would pass this refernce all the
way to my build target in the util.xml file

The sequence is wrapper.xml -> ear.xml -> util.xml

How is this suppose to work. I'm sure that I have misunderstood the
functionality. I'm using ant 1.6.5