ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Dickon Glanville" <dickon.glanvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <mapper> question for usage in <uptodate>
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 15:29:27 GMT
A little more information ...

I have a single XML Schema document (the source file).  I'm using
Castor on this schema to generate a set of java files.  (There are
multiple java files created - at least one for each element in the
schema.  This number is not known at castor-gen time.  These java
files will marshal and unmarshal information from xml files that
comply with the above schema doc.)  The java files are segregated into
an isolated directory.

Then the procedure finishes with the standard compile routine.  They
are not jared into a single distributable.

So the procedure is: single xml schema to multiple java files to
multiple class files.

I don't want to run Castor or javac if any of the java files are older
then the XML schema document.

So, with <uptodate>, I have a situation where I have a single source
file (the XML schema document) with multiple target files (the
multiple java files).  If the relationship were reversed (many source
to one target), I wouldn't have a problem as the documentation is very
helpful.  However, having a one to many relationship is proving a
little difficult.

Does this background information help?

Thanks

JDG