ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Dickon Glanville" <dickon.glanvi...@gmail.com>
Subject best way to create an empty patternset?
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 13:45:13 GMT
Hello all.

What's the best way to create an empty patternset (that is, a pattern
set that will result in no inclusions)?

Why on earth would I want such a thing?  I have two common tasks
(compile and deploy) that are repeated for several applications.
Because of this repetition, I've created two <macrodef>s.  Both of
these take a patternset as an attribute (the first macro uses it in a
classpath, and the second copys all jars into a staging area).
Therefore, a patternset needs to exist for all applications that use
these macros.

One of my applications doesn't have any jar dependencies.  So, I need
an empty patternset so that nothing is included in the classpath or
copied to the staging area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PS: I'm using Ant 1.6.5 due to some other limitations.

--
Jay Dickon Glanville