ant-user mailing list archives

From Doug Lochart <dloch...@capecomputing.com>
Subject Re: Waiting for <exec> task to succeed
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 17:13:25 GMT
I may be being a bit picky but I would not key on a port (which could
change in a config file) I would target the process name itself with ps
or pgrep myself.

I haven't done any serious ant dev in a while (my build scripts work
fine =) but if you have exhausted the core and contrib tasks then you
might want to build your own task that looks for and then watches (waits
fir the process to terminate if that is what you want).  Then when your
task completes the process is stopped.  Remember though that if the
process is not in the process of dying this task won't return.

just one simple solution of which there are probably better