ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: AW: Re: Re: Settting environment variables
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 10:46:02 GMT
query wrote:

> I am having Windows2000 in my system. Here path and include env
> variables are identified as "Path" and "include". Only if I try with
> Path and include, ANT will echo the original path. If I use PATH, log
> file displays
> Property "env.PATH" has not been set
>     [echo] PATH is set to = ${env.PATH}

That's right. Windows is oddly case sensitive. Use <diagnostics> to list
everything that is set, or <echoproperties prefix="env." /> just to list
the environment.

>     Also I want the modified path setting to persist for the entire
> build process and then return back to the original setting. So using
> exec doesn't help in modifying env variables temporarily. Is there any
> other way to set env variables?

no. So worrying about the case is unimportant. You want to run ant in a
different environment, you need to make a (renamed) copy of ant.bat and
set the path up there.