ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Rich <b...@wilandra.com>
Subject Re: -projecthelp option odd error
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 02:03:44 GMT
I don't have any problems with your file on my Windows XP system (and it
surprises me).
This is what I get when I run it:
C:\TEMP>ant -p
Buildfile: build.xml
OMAP_19.12M4 Build script
Main targets:

 All        --> Builds an integrated Symbian S60 image
 Baseport   --> Builds the Symbian S60 Baseport
 DSPBridge  --> Builds the 19.xDSP/BIOS Bridge
Default target: All
C:\TEMP>

I am running Ant 1.6.5.

The reason it surprises me is that you use the greater-than symbol (>)
in your description attributes. This should be a restricted character
and should behave by closing the target element but it does not. I
believe the greater-than symbol should be specified as the element name
and not the symbol. Another thing is that the construct "-->" is a close
comment so it would be better if you did not use it even if it works.
Using that can cause some readability issues for anyone familiar with XML.

At any rate, I haven't a clue as to exactly what your problem is but
IMHO I would remove the "-->" from the descriptions to see what happens.
HTH Bill