ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <>
Subject RE: while-like structure in Ant
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 07:38:22 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin []
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:17 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: while-like structure in Ant

On 5/10/07, Emir Mahmut BAHSI <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have been working on conditional structures and loop structures on
> existing workflow managers for a long time. For this purpose I have
> implemented two simple examples for if-type and switch-type cases
> are attached). In these examples my program is simply downloading a
file. If
> that file does not exist in the first web address it tries another
> However, I could not implement a loop structure for that. In the loop
> the program should try the same address until the file exists.
Actually I
> know this is not a reasonable and useful scenario but I just want to
> whether a conditional-loop scenario can be implemented in Ant.
> Can u suggest me anything to implement that example. Any help is
> appreciated.

The ant-contrib project is providing conditional tasks which may help,
if you want to have your own syntax and the very specific url
as a condition (like you wrote), maybe using a script (using scriptdef
example) would be a good fit.

i would go via <script(def) .../> and a scripting language running in
(JRuby, Groovy, Beanshell ... )

or use the AntBuilder@Groovy

see =

Regards, Gilbert