ant-user mailing list archives

From Prashant Reddy <>
Subject Re: build.xml for running applets
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 08:56:50 GMT
>>From :

In order to load an applet in a web page, you must specify the applet
class with appropriate applet tags. A simple example is below:
            <applet code=AppletWorld.class width="200" height="200">

For development and testing purposes, you can run your applet using the
lightweight appletviewer application that comes with the JDK. For
example, if AppletWorld.html is the html file name, then you run the
command as

        	appletviewer AppletWorld.html
You can use ANT to compile your applet Java files.
See :

This javac task itself must be written in a build.xml file

ANT also has 'exec' task which can execute any commands.
So appletviewer command can also be called from ANT's build.xml.

Hope this helps.