ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Wood" <d.w...@imb.uq.edu.au>
Subject RE: java exception when task executed with ant but not manually
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 04:50:18 GMT
thanks Prashant,

indeed!

They are executing different java binaries:
Ant:
[java] Executing '/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11/jre/bin/java' with arguments:

Manual:
[d.wood@home apache-ant-1.6.5]$ which java
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11/bin/java

So I guess I need to set ANT to use /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11/bin/java (even
though this does not explain why /jre/bin/java is crashing!).  How do I tell
ant which one to use?  I would have thought it would use the one in my
path...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Prashant Reddy [mailto:prashant@pramati.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 May 2007 2:30 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: java exception when task executed with ant but not manually

Hi david,

You could try running the target 'testApp' in verbose mode.

This will print the java command used to launch the tests. You can then
compare this with the setup which is working fine to figure out which
configuration is missing.

Hope this helps.
-Prashant

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 12:34 +1000, David Wood wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I've actually made a few changes to the code and was getting new
exceptions.
> I was testing these changes with ant, and believe I have fixed them in the
> code as the app works fine when executed from the command line but ant is
> still producing run time errors.
>
> Even though, I added in your changes and it does not seem to have made a
> difference, the exceptions are still the same.
>
> testApp:
>      [java] getting frontpage
>      [java] 1 [main] ERROR client.Call  - Exception:
>      [java] org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in
> qfab.imb.uq.edu.au.reactome.ReactomeComponent - ID
>      [java]     at

org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(BeanDeserializer.
> java:258)
>      [java]     at

org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(Deserialization
> Context.java:1035)
>

> I think that there is something wrong with how the ant VM is handling the
> registering of the bean serialization and deserialization.  When I make
> changes to the Bean file, reload the web service, the exceptions from ant
> remain the same.
>
> Dave

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java:84)
> >     [java]     at
> > org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
> >     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)
> >     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)
> >
> > But when I launch the application manually it does not crash and
completes
> > fine.
> > [d.wood@qfab-srs build]$ java RunApp
> > getting frontpage
> > Got 30 frontpage entries
> > 109581  (Pathway)       Apoptosis (parent = null)
> > 69620   (Pathway)       Cell Cycle Checkpoints (parent = null)
> > 69278   (Pathway)       Cell Cycle, Mitotic (parent = null)
> > 73894   (Pathway)       DNA Repair (parent = null)
> > 69306   (Pathway)       DNA Replication (parent = null)
> > 163200  (Pathway)       Electron Transport Chain (parent = null)
> > .etc
> >

> > In both cases the CLASSPATH is set the same (I have compared these by
> > outputting it within the script before it crashes).  The application is
> > attempting to access data stored within deserialised java beans from a
web
> > services server, might this be breaking the ant VM?
> >
> > My testApp task is:
> > <!-- testApp -->
> > <target name="testApp" depends="compile"
> >   description="run a direct test of the java app">
> >    <java classname="RunApp">
> >      <classpath>
> > <pathelement path="${env.CLASSPATH}:${build}"/>
> > <fileset dir="${build}">
> >   <include name="RunApp"/>
> > </fileset>
> >      </classpath>