ant-user mailing list archives

From "Java aviator" <jakarta....@gmail.com>
Subject Need clarifications about the Core Ant Task (javac)
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 05:03:21 GMT
Hi Friends,

I am brand new to Ant though i have been working in Java for a while. Can
anybody clarify me about these lines taken from Ant user manual.

" The source and destination directory will be recursively scanned for Java
source files to compile "

To understand the above mentioned statement, I have developed a build file

<project default="compile">
    <target name="compile">
        <javac srcdir="source" destdir="destination"/>
    </target>
</project>

I observed that only the java files present in the srcdir are getting
compiled and not the one present in destdir.

Thanks in Advance!
dinesh.