ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: install and use apache-ant on linux
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 03:26:33 GMT
> Hello,

Hi,

> I tried to compile source distribution but I receved the following error
> message:

When I compile from source I use bootstrap.sh followed by build.sh

> builb.xml:911  We cannot build the test jar unless JUnit is present,
>
> as JUnit is needed to compile the test classes.
>
> Total time: 12 seconds
>
> ... Failed Building Ant Distribution !
>
> Bootstrap FAILED
>
> I createad a CLASSPATH variable but this failed

Any CLASSPATH variable that you set will be ignored by the bootstrap &
build scripts as they manage the build classpath

Check in the source code under lib/optional, there should be a junit
jar there.  If there isn't, copy a junit jar (v3.8.2) into
lib/optional and try running bootstrap.sh again

Kev