ant-user mailing list archives

From Philip Swenson <>
Subject ant property not set question
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:05:42 GMT
I have a property that is declared like this:

    <property name="" value="${env.IS_DEV_HOME}"/>

So if an environment variable is set then the value gets set.  However if a file exists, this value can be overridden in the properties
file like :

This works fine.... Howeverk, I want to validate that the property has been
set in one of the two methods (env variable or properties file) by doing

        <fail unless="" message="IS_DEV_HOME/ variable
is not set."/>

This doesn't work, because the value of becomes "$"
literally if the value isn't set.  I know this because further down the path
I get this message instead of my failure message:

[copy] Copying 27 files to C:\dev\hoth\dev\${env.IS_DEV_HOME}

Any ideas on how to make this validation work?