ant-user mailing list archives

From Philip Swenson <pswen...@webmethods.com>
Subject ant property not set question
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:05:42 GMT
I have a property that is declared like this:

    <property name="is.dev.home" value="${env.IS_DEV_HOME}"/>

So if an environment variable is set then the value gets set.  However if a
build.properties file exists, this value can be overridden in the properties
file like :  is.dev.home=c:/blah

This works fine.... Howeverk, I want to validate that the property has been
set in one of the two methods (env variable or properties file) by doing
this:

        <fail unless="is.dev.home" message="IS_DEV_HOME/is.dev.home variable
is not set."/>

This doesn't work, because the value of is.dev.home becomes "$is.dev.home"
literally if the value isn't set.  I know this because further down the path
I get this message instead of my failure message:

[copy] Copying 27 files to C:\dev\hoth\dev\${env.IS_DEV_HOME}

Any ideas on how to make this validation work?

Thanks

phil