ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sean Tiley" <sti...@meraksystems.com>
Subject Multiple junit tasks
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:45:49 GMT
Hi There,
I have 2 targets that run unit tests during the course of my build,
(JUnit tests pre deployment and HttpUnit tests post deployment).

I would like for all tests in both targets to be executed regardless of
whether or not failures/errors occur. Then once both sets of tests are
run I would like to somehow tell if there were any test failures in
either suite to pass or fail the entire build.

The way I currently have it, even if there are failures, my build
succeeds.

I think the secret lies within the proper use of the "failureproperty"
but I am not clear on how this works.

If anyone could be of assistance it would be greatly appreciated

Sean

My targets appear as follows

<!-- This target runs the EJB JUNIT tests -->
<target name="test-ejb" description="Run the Junit test cases">
       	<echo>Running the EJB test suite</echo>
	<junit printsummary="withOutAndErr"
       		fork="true" haltonfailure="false"
       		failureproperty="tests.failed"
       		showoutput="true">
		<classpath>
			<path refid="test-path" />
		</classpath>
		<jvmarg value="-Xmx256M" />
		<formatter type="xml" />
		<test name="${ejb.test.class}"
outfile="${log.dir}/${ejb-test-			results.file}" />
	</junit>
</target>

<!-- This target runs the HttpUnit tests -->
<target name="httpunit-test">
	<echo>Running the HttpUnit test suite</echo>
	<junit printsummary="withOutAndErr"
       		fork="true" haltonfailure="false"
       		failureproperty="tests.failed"
       		showoutput="true">
		<classpath>
			<path refid="test-path" />
		</classpath>
		<jvmarg value="-Xmx512M" />
		<formatter type="xml" />
		<test name="${httpunit.test.class}"
outfile="${log.dir}/${httpunit-test-		results.file}" />
	</junit>
</target>