ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sean Tiley" <sti...@meraksystems.com>
Subject RE: Source code scanning
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:25:34 GMT
You could look at Checkstyle (http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/)

I am not sure if it handles JSP files but it is worth a look into ( I
think you may be able to specify .jsp extensions)

Have a look at the GenericIllegalRegexp options

HTH

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Loehr, Ruel [mailto:rloehr@pointserve.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:26 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Source code scanning

I have an ant task which I need to write and would like to pick your
brains to see if you have heard of anything similar.......

We provide a web app which has internationalization support.
Invariably, our developers tend to hardcode the strings when they should
be using the localization functionality for the display layer.

I'd like to either write (or find) a task which scans our source code
looking at each jsp file.   I'll have a predefined list of terms e.g.
"Resource", "Customer"........ and so on.

If any of those terms are found in the jsp file it will report the
filename and line number.

I would think that this is a semi-common problem.   Has anyone heard of
any similar tools before I reinvent the wheel?

Ruel Loehr

Configuration Management

Pointserve, Inc.

110 Wild Basin Road