ant-user mailing list archives

From Michaël Parchet <parch...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: install and use apache-ant on linux
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:16:32 GMT

Hello,

I tried to install the binary distribution so I have the following files in the bin directory
of ant :
ant.bat
ant.cmd
antenv.cmd
antRun.cmd
envset.smd
lcq.bat
runrc.cmd

Wat have I to do with these files ?
Which file have I to execute to run ant ?

I tried to execute each file of the bin directory but it seems that each line of it includig
the comment in /* */was also interprated as command lines

Exemples :

 ant.bat output's
/mnt/win_d/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/ant.bat: line 1: @echo: command not found
: command not foundnt-1.7.0/bin/ant.bat: line 2:
/mnt/win_d/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/ant.bat: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/mnt/win_d/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/ant.bat: line 3: `REM  Licensed to the Apache So'tware Foundation
(ASF) under one or more

antRun.bat output's
output :
/mnt/win_d/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/antRun.bat: line 1: @echo: command not found
: command not foundnt-1.7.0/bin/antRun.bat: line 2:
/mnt/win_d/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/antRun.bat: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/mnt/win_d/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/antRun.bat: line 3: `REM  Licensed to the Apache'Software
Foundation (ASF) under one or more

Could you help me please

Best regards,

Michaël

> Subject: RE: install and use apache-ant on  linux
> Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:55:53 -0700
> From: Rob.Anderson@nike.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org; floess@mindspring.com
>
>  I second that. There are many dependencies for lots of optional tasks that you may not
be interested in. Resolving these dependecies can be cumbersome.