ant-user mailing list archives

From "Res Pons" <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: javadoc
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:15:59 GMT
Thanks for all your help.  Be it in Dos/Batch or Linux/Shell, it looks like
you have to traverse through dirs and subdirs as javadoc clearly does not
understand recursing by itself.  One of our engineers had confused me by
saying that java doc should be able to recurse by itself w/o me telling it
to.

Looking at your scripts I see that I was basically doing the same thing in
DOS.

Thanks again

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Scot P. Floess" <floess@mindspring.com>
To: Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Subject: Re: javadoc
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:27:26 -0400

Res:

I have very little experience writing Windows batch files - much better
versed at Linux/Unix.  With that said, here is how I would do javadoc where
I want to output to a directory entitled "foo," and source code that exists
in the current directory within a directory entitled "java":

javadoc -d foo -sourcepath java `find . -type f -name \*.java`

Regarding your additional requirement in which you wish to javadoc against 3
directories, I'd probably do something like so:

allDirs="proj1/src proj2/src proj3/src"
for aDir in ${allDirs}
do
    javadoc -d foo -sourcepath ${aDir} `find ${aDir} -type f -name \*.java`
done

Or something like it...clearly you can get as fancy as you want :)

Scot

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549