ant-user mailing list archives

From "Res Pons" <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: javadoc
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:20:32 GMT
Scot

Thanks for your reply.  I would like to do this in Ant eventually but I
think it would be easier for me to understand it in dos/batch before I
tackle it in Ant.  I was originally doing a for-loop but one of our
engineers told me it's wrong:

c:\masterproject>for /r %i in (*.java) do javadoc.exe  %i -d mydocs

Basically I'm starting at the root and looping/recursing down every path and
looking for all .java files.  Is this not correct?

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Scot P. Floess" <floess@mindspring.com>
To: Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Subject: Re: javadoc
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:04:57 -0400

Res:

You are gonna need to specify all the java files to javadoc against...

Type javadoc at the command line and it will tell you so :)

If you were on a *nix environment you could do something with find...

Curious...why don't you want to do this with Ant in your experimentation?
Clearly it does so much for you (for instance iterating down in the dirs)...

Res Pons wrote:
>Reposting again.
>
>Shouldn't javadoc automatically recurse through directories?  It doesn't
>for me.  I would like to run javadoc at the root of all my projects w/o
>telling it it each .java file.  We have a multi-project platform all
>residing within a master project and each having their own src subfolder
>and many .java source files:
>
>MasterProject
>  proj1
>     -src
>  proj2
>     -src
>  proj3
>     -src
>
>The command below, in my original email, does not work for me.  But if I
>generate a for-loop at the DOS prompt from the root of all the projects, I
>get it to work but the result is is not correct.  All the examples out
>there are geared toward a single project.  How can I get javadoc to recurse
>automatically? I do not see a command line option.  Once I successfully run
>this at the command prompt or from a batch file, I will then convert it to
>Ant/xml.
>
>Thanks

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale