ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Settting environment variables
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:15:53 GMT
Hello,

By the time ANT starts, the PATH and INCLUDE environment variables values are set (by the
ant.bat or OS command script) and can not be altered.

etc...) you can control the value of the enviroment variables that the child process will
have...use the <sysproperty> sub element to correct that.

Hope that make sense????

Ninju

----- Original Message ----
From: query <search2006@rediffmail.com>
To: ant <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:25:39 AM
Subject: Settting environment variables

Hi,

I am having a set of ANT build files. I want to change "Path" and "include" environment variables
only in build file.
I tried the following options to reset "include" variable in the build file.

<property environment="env"/>
1.<exec executable="cmd">
     <env key="include" path="${new.includepath}"/>
  </exec>

2.<property name="${env.include}" value="${new.includepath}"/>

3.<property name="env.include" value="${new.includepath}"/>

4.<property name="env.${include}" value="${new.includepath}"/>

When I tried to echo "include" variable in the same build file, it is still showing the default
old settings.

Is there any other way to modify the environment variables only for some instance and not
for other?