ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: set path value permanently
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:44:15 GMT
This is not ANT related, but there are few ways to achieve this. If you
open login shells (for example in Gnome terminal select Edit->Current
Profile...->Title and Command->Run command as login shell) you can put
commands into ~/.profile script (create it, if it does not exist). You
can also put commands into ~/.bashrc, ~/.kshrc, or some other script
depending on a shell you are using (personally I prefer ~/.profile).
Finally, it could be a bad idea to pollute your environment (for
example, if you are working on several projects in parallel), so
sometimes it is better to create other scripts  that will set the
environment and run ANT (for example, export
PATH=/some/path:$PATH;export ANT_HOME=/some/other/path;ant $@).  The
last solution does not change global configuration, so it is less likely
to break something.

- Alexey.