ant-user mailing list archives

From Charles Paulet <paul...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Settting environment variables
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:20:05 GMT
Instead of using exec, you can use shellscript tag from ant-contrib
(http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/shellscript.html) :

<shellscript shell="myshell" .... >
       export myvar=myvalue
       my_exec my_param
</shellscript>

query wrote:
>   When I tried to use <sysproperty> in <javac> and <exec> task, build
compilation is failing with the following errors.

> javac doesn't support the nested "sysproperty" element.
>
> exec doesn't support the nested "sysproperty" element.
>
> It looks like that element is supported only with <java>.
> But I want to set env variables for <javac>  and <exec >tasks. Can anyone
help me ???????

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 Ninju Bohra wrote :
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> By the time ANT starts, the PATH and INCLUDE environment variables values are set
(by the ant.bat or OS command script) and can not be altered.

>> However if one you target needs to start seperate process (<exec>, <javac>,
<java>, etc...) you can control the value of the enviroment variables that the child
process will have...use the <sysproperty> sub element to correct that.