ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: javadoc
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:04:57 GMT
Res:

You are gonna need to specify all the java files to javadoc against...

Type javadoc at the command line and it will tell you so :)

If you were on a *nix environment you could do something with find...

Curious...why don't you want to do this with Ant in your
experimentation?  Clearly it does so much for you (for instance
iterating down in the dirs)...

Res Pons wrote:
> Reposting again.
>
> Shouldn't javadoc automatically recurse through directories?  It
> doesn't for me.  I would like to run javadoc at the root of all my
> projects w/o telling it it each .java file.  We have a multi-project
> platform all residing within a master project and each having their
> own src subfolder and many .java source files:
>
> MasterProject
>  proj1
>     -src
>  proj2
>     -src
>  proj3
>     -src
>
> The command below, in my original email, does not work for me.  But if
> I generate a for-loop at the DOS prompt from the root of all the
> projects, I get it to work but the result is is not correct.  All the
> examples out there are geared toward a single project.  How can I get
> javadoc to recurse automatically? I do not see a command line option.
> Once I successfully run this at the command prompt or from a batch
> file, I will then convert it to Ant/xml.
>
> Thanks

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549