ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: Extracting values from a line of a file
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:08:42 GMT

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Maninder Singh (GR/EIL) [mailto:maninder.singh@ericsson.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 1:11 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Extracting values from a line of a file

/*

Hi Gilbert / All,
	Thanks for the quick response. But I was guessing, is there any
other way to do this.
I mean is there any way to do this only using Ant; since I'm not
comfortable with RUBY?

Thanks again for the help.

*/

hm, when i need to do something that can't be done with vanilla ant,
i have to chose, whether to

1. write a new task
2. go via exec
3.or maybe it's somehow possible within ant but with clumsy
   xml code, argh ;-)

or simply use a script that runs in bsf (jruby,groovy,beanshell,
javascript ...)
you have access to ant api, it runs in the same VM, and you have all the
power of a scripting language at your finger tips.

i prefer scripting and here i use (j)ruby because i like it
and i use it also for other stuff beside scripting ant.

if you don't have a scripting language already :
try ruby, give it a shot, it's great :-)

Regards, Gilbert