ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bijan Vakili" <>
Subject p4sync question
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:33:32 GMT

I'm setting up a build system on a server.  I've created a dedicated
Perforce user account to perform builds and placed it in a group that
will allow it to be permanently logged in with no timeout.  I need my
Ant scripts to rely on the Perforce ticket to perform any Perforce
related tasks.

I'm using the <p4sync> task as follows:

I have also set the following Perforce variables using "p4 set" both for
the user and for the system using '-s':

P4TICKETS=C:\Program Files\CruiseControl\p4tickets.txt

All of these values have been verified (I've even debugged the Ant
script directly in Eclipse).

But I am continually getting the following error:

[p4sync] error: Perforce password (P4PASSWD) invalid or unset.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Bijan Vakili

Senior Software Developer

Cryptologic Inc.

55 St-Clair W, 3rd floor, Toronto, Ontario, M4V 2Y7
Phone 416.545-1455 Ext 5892

SKYPE: bijanvakili

This message, including any attachments, is confidential and/or
privileged and contains information intended only for the person(s)
named above. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and
permanently delete the original transmission from all of your systems
and hard drives, including any attachments, without making a copy.