ant-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <rlo...@pointserve.com>
Subject Source code scanning
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:25:52 GMT
I have an ant task which I need to write and would like to pick your
brains to see if you have heard of anything similar.......

We provide a web app which has internationalization support.
Invariably, our developers tend to hardcode the strings when they should
be using the localization functionality for the display layer.

I'd like to either write (or find) a task which scans our source code
looking at each jsp file.   I'll have a predefined list of terms e.g.
"Resource", "Customer"........ and so on.

If any of those terms are found in the jsp file it will report the
filename and line number.

I would think that this is a semi-common problem.   Has anyone heard of
any similar tools before I reinvent the wheel?

Ruel Loehr

Configuration Management

Pointserve, Inc.

110 Wild Basin Road