ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jar/Zip Update
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:42:13 GMT
On 4/5/07, Paul Selibas <pselibas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an apache ant script that is supposed to add a rar file to a
> jar file.

> <jar destfile="c:/build/Myfile.jar" basedir="" update="yes">
>    <zipgroupfileset dir="." includes="${rarfile}" />
> </jar>
>
> This is the closest i get and what it does is unzips the rarfile and
> puts each file into the jar file. I want to put the whole rar file in
> the Jar.

I guess rar must be a close cousin to zip then, but yes, that's the
expected behavior.

> <jar destfile="c:/build/Myfile.jar" basedir="" update="yes"
> includes="${rarfile}" />

The empty basedir looks strange, and you haven't shown how 'rarfile'
is defined. It should be a relative file path, from basedir.
Otherwise, do:

<jar destfile="c:/build/Myfile.jar" update="yes">
  <fileset file="${rarfile}" />
</jar>

--DD