ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike McNally ...@works.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7 build, high CPU use, possible solution
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:24:42 GMT
> It would be great to have an example build.xml that
> shows the problem.

I'm going to work on that today. The problem is a very simple one
however: using a large ArrayList as if it were a Set simply does not
perform well :)

> A number of performance problems were fixed in ant 1.7.0, so
> it would be nice to squash this one before ant 1.7.1.

Fixing that problem in Union gave me performance comparable to 1.6.5,
and fixing similar problems in DirectoryScanner gave a further
improvement of almost 33% (from 15 seconds down to 10 seconds for a
"null" build).

--
[ I love pre-moistened towelettes ] Mike McNally -- m5@works.com