ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Schulz <sch...@hfn-medien.de>
Subject apply task -
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:46:54 GMT
Hi!

I finally found my solution in the archives - but i think of it missing a lot
of beauty ant intuitivity :(

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-user/200604.mbox/<5ea470920604061311l69be9500h39fef9f322a207f%40mail.gmail.com>

what i expected the apply task to have is some possibility to store srcfile
value and targetfile value in properties. e.g.:
- a attribute "srcproperty" in which property to store the srcfile value
- a attribute "targetproperty" in which property to store the targetfile value

thus writing something like this would become possible:

<apply executable="sh">
  <srcfile/>
  <arg value="file://${srcfile}">
  <targetfile/>
  <mapper type="glob" from="*.in" to="*.in.done"/>
</apply>

and even i miss some echoing for each applied file - e.g. something like
inserting
<echo message="processing file ${srcfile}">

all then becomes:

<apply executable="sh">
  <echo message="processing file ${srcfile}">
  <srcfile/>
  <arg value="file://${srcfile}">
  <targetfile/>
  <mapper type="glob" from="*.in" to="*.in.done"/>
</apply>

in make's Makefile this all would be even more simple:

%.in: %.in.done
	echo "processing file $<"
	sh $< file://$< $@

best regards!
Robert

HFN-Medien GmbH
Robert Schulz
Ehlbeek 8
D-30938 Grossburgwedel
Tel.:   +49 (0) 5139 - 89 79 27
Mobil:  +49 (0) 173 - 51 08 769
Mail:   schulz@hfn-medien.de
Web:    www.hfn-medien.de
Testen Sie natürlichsprachliches Dialog Design:

           H F N - B a l l o n d e m o

          0  5 1  3 9  -  8 9  7 9  8 9