ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stewart" <MStew...@mgtplc.com>
Subject RE: Concatenating a string to a property
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:38:44 GMT
the b4usony was a typo that should have read server1.

The property remote.jboss.jndi.port.server1 is set in the
build.properties file to a value of 17031, when the target is run I then
know which server I am using, in this case server1. What I am trying to
get is the value associated with that server.

Mike S.

>>> Byron.Vonthal@marketlive.com 16/03/2007 16:07:26 >>>
It looks like you already have the value set.
Once a property is set, you can't unset or reset it. (Unless you use a
3'rd party task, like ant-contrib's var task)

Where did the 'b4usony' come from?  Did you set it earlier?

remote.jboss.jndi.port.b4usony

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Stewart [mailto:MStewart@mgtplc.com]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 8:56 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Concatenating a string to a property

Hi,

I am trying to get a value from a property that is defined in the
build.properties file -

remote.jboss.jndi.port.server1=17031
remote.jboss.server=server1

The remote.jboss.server varies depending on which client is being
built, I tried the definition below but it is performing text
substitution.

<property name="port.number"
value="remote.jboss.jndi.port.${remote.jboss.server}" />
<echo message="the port number is ${port.number}
${remote.jboss.jndi.port.server1}" />

When run via Ant the output is

the port number is remote.jboss.jndi.port.b4usony         17031

Any ideas on how to get the value?

Mike S.