ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Issue with javac task
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:58:38 GMT
On 30 Mar 2007 04:38:00 -0000, query <search2006@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your response.
> I had tried compiling java code with debug option enabled earlier. That was working
fine. But I want to compile java source with debug option disabled.
> What may be the reason for the difference in class file size? Can you please let me know
the reason?
The reason for the difference in class size is
the debug information in the class file.

Peter

> I am a  newbie to both java and ant!!!!!
>

> >On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 Peter Reilly wrote :
> > >You need to set the debug attribute to "true" on the javac task.
> > >
> > >By default the debug attribute is "false", this corresponds (since
> > >I think ant 1.4) to -g:none.
> > >
> > ><javac debug="true" debuglevel="lines"> should give the
> > >same debug info as the default commandline javac.
> > >
> > >Peter

successful, I observed that the class files generated using ANT javac task is smaller in size
compared to the ones compiled with command line java compiler. But the number of class files
and classfile names generated are same with both tools.

source="1.4" target="1.4.2" includes=**/*.java>