ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with javac task
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:37:56 GMT
You need to set the debug attribute to "true" on the javac task.

By default the debug attribute is "false", this corresponds (since
I think ant 1.4) to -g:none.

<javac debug="true" debuglevel="lines"> should give the
same debug info as the default commandline javac.

Peter

On 24 Mar 2007 07:27:13 -0000, first last <search2006@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to ANT.
> Currently, iam using ANT 1.7 and java 1.5.0
>
> Earlier, I was compiling java files using command line javac.exe.
> Now, I am compiling java files using ANT javac task. Though the build is successful,
I observed that the class files generated using ANT javac task is smaller in size compared
to the ones compiled with command line java compiler. But the number of class files and classfile
names generated are same with both tools.

> Classpath is set properly.
>
> The syntax with javac task -
> <javac srcdir="${component.source}" destdir="${component.classfiles}" source="1.4"
target="1.4.2" includes=**/*.java>