ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@BellSouth.com>
Subject Regarding <classfileset>
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:18:47 GMT
If I have a property that contains the a fully qualified name of a
class, in dotted notation, how can I use this property to reference a
file path that has no dotted notation?

I looked at the unpackage mapper, but that only re-maps actual files
that are saved on disk with dotted notation.
I looked at the classfileset type, but it seems to want a "root"
classfile with all its dependencies.   I just want one single class, no
dependencies

Here's a hypothetical fragment of what I wish I could do....

<property name="the.one.class.I.need"
value="com.megacorp.widgets.WidgetMain"/>
<copy todir="thedestdir">
	<classfileset dir="${classes.dir}">
		<include name="${the.one.widget.i.need}">
	</classfileset>
</copy>

which would copy WidgetMain.class from
src/com/megacorp/widgets
thedestdir/com/megacorp/widgets

Am I headed in the right direction or is there a better way?  I was
hoping to avoid a Perlish solution like regex munging.

*****

and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA623