ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@BellSouth.com>
Subject RE: Getting status from javac
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 14:28:08 GMT
The way I approach this problem is to have one and only one javac task
in any given target.  Organize targets according to the dependency
graph.  I think that's a more "Anty" way to do things.

-----Original Message-----
From: euge [mailto:m4euge@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:16 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Getting status from javac

How would someone solve the following problem?

I have an ant build script which builds a number of projects. If one of
the projects does not compile then the build fails (since javac fails).
I can put failonerror="false", but then I dont know which project has
failed (it's a nightly build and I dont want to parse logs later). How
to get the status from javac in ant script, that it's finished compiling
project successfully or unsuccessfully? I know that I cannot put javac
in condition and set property that would be nice. I dont know why
developers did not provide that option, since I think it's not that
dificult to do. I have wrote the java class which allows to do that, but
may be I did not see other easier solution.

*****

and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA625