ant-user mailing list archives

From "Murray, Mike" <...@ptc.com>
Subject RE: Conditional dependencies
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:08:00 GMT
I use a combination of .only targets and .skip properties to
"essentially" accomplish this.

ant dist.only jar.only

OR

ant dist -Dcompile.skip=1 -Dclean.skip=1

-----Original Message-----
From: Brown, Carlton [mailto:Carlton.Brown@BellSouth.com]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 8:24 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Conditional dependencies

I guess I didn't specifically say this, but I need the targets, if they
run, to run in order of dependency.  There is no guarantee that an
arbitrary list of targets will run in a certain order.

It would be really nice if there were an option to specify a target may
not be in the dependency graph, likesay given the graph I described
below, dist -> jar -> compile -> clean

ant dist -Dstopbefore=compile

would cause the build to run the dependency graph in the specified order
but stop before executing "compile".