ant-user mailing list archives

From thomaslarsson <thomas.p.lars...@gmail.com>
Subject specifying jvm for running ant tasks
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:17:56 GMT

Hello everyone,

I have an ant task that calls a set of ant tasks in order to build a set of
projects in the correct order.

Now I added a project that needs to be run with java 1.5, and I would like
to be able to configure the build so that only this new target is run with
1.5, and to old tasks with 1.4.

Is there any way to do this? Perhaps without using the exec task or writing
a custom task? Here is an outline of my ant task.

&lt;target name="build-all"&gt;

&nbsp;&nbsp;   &lt;echo message="building first project"/&gt;

&nbsp;&nbsp;   &lt;ant dir="some.dir" file="build.xml" target="dist"/&gt;

&nbsp;&nbsp;   &lt;echo message="building second project"/&gt;

&nbsp;&nbsp;   &lt;ant dir="other.dir" file="build.xml" target="dist"/&gt;

&lt;/target>

Best Regards

-Thomas