ant-user mailing list archives

From Benoitx <>
Subject StatSVN publishes stats for Ant
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:56:16 GMT

Hi *,

This is a bit more than the usual open source announcement, not only are we
releasing a version of our project but we are also testing it against many
well-known projects and some rather LARGE subversion repositories...

Ant is a large SVN repository with more than 516,000 revisions and we
selected it to prove scalability.

Version 0.3.1 includes, amongst others:

- DEMOS: We have decided to grab a few well known open source projects and
publish some statistics on

  Amongst the selected ones are:
  * Subversion! (Well... we had to do that one...)
  * Hibernate 3
  * Spring Rich Client (java Rich Client library)
  * Groovy
  * Ruby (Yes the language itself, in c and the repo is BIG!)
  * Grails
  * Log4J (Apache logging)
  * Joda Time (cool java date library)
  * Felix (Apache OSGi implementation)
  * Ant (the Apache Build tool) which has more than 500,000 Revisions!

- New EnvReport function to aid in identifying common failure cases.
- Removed any dependency on JDK 1.5 (even COMPILED with 1.4)
- A few more bug fixes in both StatSVN and StatCVS.

If you want to know what happened in your Subversion repository, this is the
tool for you!

StatSVN retrieves information from a Subversion repository and generates
various tables and charts describing the project evolution, e.g. the lines
of code over time, contribution of each developer, the evolution of modules,
directories, files, the time and days when most checkins happen, etc. It
also shows the commit logs and integrates out of the box with ViewVc,
BugZilla, Chora and others.

StatSVN generates a static suite of HTML or XDoc documents containing tables
and chart images.

StatSVN is available now for download at

StatSVN is open source software, released under the terms of the LGPL, based
on StatCVS, it uses JFreeChart and JTreeMap to generate charts.

ObjectLab is not new to the open-source community having used numerous OS
projects, participated in a few and sponsoring:
- ObjectLab Kit (, a date calculation
toolkit for business and finance;
- JTreeMap ( the only open source heatmap
library for Java
- PZFileReader ( a flexible java library
to parse csv/delimited or fixed-length strings
- QALab ( QA Statistics for your build (now
also integrated in JBuilder 2007).

We would like to thank our friends and colleagues for their help, reviews
and suggestions.

Feel free to pass on to people who may be interested.

The StatSVN Team and ObjectLab.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message