ant-user mailing list archives

From Hans Schwaebli <hans_schwae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to silence errors in SQL task or log
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:34:58 GMT
Internal, external ... didn't matter for my question. There is a error stream which I would
like to conveniently redirect. The easiest thing is in the Ant script itself. In one SQL call
I want to redirect it, in another not. Setting SQL level globally to info would not fit. There
are still ways to do it, but they add even more complexity with all its side effects.

  If I decide to continue the SQL script in case of an error, it would be nice if Ant by default
would not print the error stream then.

  Okay, another case where I didn't overlook anything and now know that it is digging in the
dirt deeply because of "by design" stuff. Its not just Ant, but CruiseControl, CVS and other
stuff with such things.

Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
  Hans Schwaebli wrote:
> Can anybody tell my why cannot be used for the SQL task?

because sql task is not executing an external program

> I want to silence the errors if they occur when running the SQL task. But it didn't work.
Any solution? Best would be to log all errors of a certain SQL task on info level. This flexibility
I am missing.

log through log4j and set your log4j properties file to log sql errors
at info level?