ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: javac exclude not working for directories
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:24:12 GMT

--- dtown <dtown22@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried that before, and it failed. I attempted to
> compile classes in the
> directories I wanted to exclude (it failed because
> they have dependencies
> which I did not include in the classpath)

Okay, wait.  First, yes, I forgot that a pattern
ending in / has ** implicitly tacked on.  Now let me
try to understand the rest of your problem...

> Here is the task I used:
>
> javac srcdir="${root}"
>             destdir="${classes}"
>             debug="on"
>             debuglevel="lines,source"
>             source="1.5"
>             includes="org/domain/dir1/**,
> org/aemf/dir2/**"
>             excludes="org/domain/dir1/app2/**,
> org/domain/dir1/app3/**"
>             classpath= "${compile.comm};
> ${compile.db4.3}; ${compile.swing};
> ${compile.xml}"  >
> </javac>

Do any of the classes in the directories you DID
include reference the ones you've excluded?  Beyond
this, we'll probably need some kind of example
structure you can publish in a Bugzilla report to
reproduce the problem, although I suspect in the
course of preparing it you're likely to figure out
what went wrong yourself.

regards,
Matt