ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with Time Zones
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:15:40 GMT

---------
>  Temp dir
> Temp dir is C:\DOCUME~1\BCPRIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\
> Temp dir is writeable
> Temp dir alignment with system clock is 0 ms

>  Locale information
> Timezone Atlantic Standard Time offset=-10800000

>  Proxy information
> Java1.5+ proxy settings:
> Direct connection
>

> JDK = 1.5.09
>
> OS timezone is Atlantic Daylight Time which is correct.
> I have applied the JDK patch from Sun however Ant is reporting the wrong
> timezone.
> I don't know if it matters right now as we are not doing anything to
> complex, but eventually we might and then we will have issues.
>
> I would assume that Ant gets its TZ from the OS and that it uses the
> JDK/JRE as well, but these are all patched for the new DST rules.
> What else can I do to fix this?

1. I think sun screwed up some of their patches.

2. try a reboot.

Ant just gets its clock off the system

     private static void doReportLocale(PrintStream out) {
         //calendar stuff.
         Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
         TimeZone tz = cal.getTimeZone();
         out.println("Timezone " + tz.getDisplayName()
                 + " offset=" + tz.getOffset(cal.get(Calendar.ERA),
                         cal.get(Calendar.YEAR),
                         cal.get(Calendar.MONTH),
                         cal.get(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH),
                         cal.get(Calendar.DAY_OF_WEEK),
                         ((cal.get(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY) * MINUTES_PER_HOUR
                          + cal.get(Calendar.MINUTE)) * SECONDS_PER_MINUTE
                          + cal.get(Calendar.SECOND)) *
SECONDS_PER_MILLISECOND
                          + cal.get(Calendar.MILLISECOND)));
     }

I do not know where its coming from, but there is nothing we are in a
position to fix, as by the time it gets to ant, we assume everything is
working