ant-user mailing list archives

From James Abley <james.ab...@volantis.com>
Subject Re: Using XSLT2
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:01:38 GMT
Looks like an issue with Saxon.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/TransformerFactory.html#newInstance()

"Obtain a new instance of a TransformerFactory. This static method
creates a new factory instance This method uses the following ordered
lookup procedure to determine the TransformerFactory implementation
class to load:

     * Use the javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory system property.
     * Use the properties file "lib/jaxp.properties" in the JRE
directory. This configuration file is in standard java.util.Properties
format and contains the fully qualified name of the implementation class
with the key being the system property defined above. The
jaxp.properties file is read only once by the JAXP implementation and
it's values are then cached for future use. If the file does not exist
when the first attempt is made to read from it, no further attempts are
made to check for its existence. It is not possible to change the value
of any property in jaxp.properties after it has been read for the first
time.
     * Use the Services API (as detailed in the JAR specification), if
available, to determine the classname. The Services API will look for a
classname in the file
META-INF/services/javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory in jars
available to the runtime.
     * Platform default TransformerFactory instance."

And then checking with the more general JAR specification.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#Service%20Provider

"Files in the META-INF/services directory are service provider
configuration files."

Cheers,

James