ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error starting modern compiler
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:05:13 GMT
Jacky wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> First of all, thanks for replying.
> I do stand from your point of view and look at this matter. One would
> obviously question me on what has been changed.
> However, the system environment has not been changed in anyway before it
> started to fail in building my project. What has been changed
> is only our source code. We do include few extra open source third party
> libraries, some from apache, some from jboss. Please correct me if i'm
> wrong,
> i do not agree that adding a few third party libraries would break the
> build process from ant? Would it?

no, its not the libraries. Somehow your system configuration state has
changed, in a way you dont know yet.

-Java itself is self updating, so it may have patched itself
-an env variable may have changed (JAVA_HOME, PATH, etc)
-file permissions may be wrong
-you may have updated your JDK and forgotten

there are lots of causes; nobody else can diagnose them but you.

ant -diagnostics is there to help.

> How can i precisely check the error log from ant?
> Would you be kind enough to point me in the direction?

1. Run
ant -verbose
or
ant -debug
to get more details

2. check that javac works on the command line