ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mail task
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:04:55 GMT
Alexander Fischuk wrote:
> Hi,
> In my network setup ant email task does not work properly.
>
> When I try to send email it gives me an error message
> something like "550 EHLO command requires valid address..."
>
> The origins of the error are in MimeMailer  and javamail
> This class does not take into account the property "mail.smtp.localhost"
> that is recommended solution for EHLO problem with javamail.
>
> Am I missing something?
> Is this a bug or it is designed to work this way?

You've just discovered something new, I think. Its impossible to test
against other people's network configs, and your network has just broken
Ant.

(pause)

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/NOTES113.txt

There's a property  "mail.stmp.ehlo"	which should be set to false to
skip EHLO login. could be a misspelling, or not.

Do this as a JVM option, not an ant property, with

export ANT_OPTS="-Dmail.smtp.ehlo=false"

The other is the task is working, but you arent setting a valid address.
for that, I suggest you use your favourite search engine to understand
what the error message means and how to fix it.