ant-user mailing list archives

From Omry Yadan <o...@yadan.net>
Subject Re: Invoking Ant Procedures from tomcat ?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 19:28:38 GMT
1. developers can use junit standlone test runner.

2. developers can use the junit ide integration (Eclispe has fantastic
support, and I am sure othere IDE`s also supports junit).

3. you can create an build file that will invoke the junit task for the
automated testing.

Chun Ji wrote:

> We have a project going on, which involves 20 developers, 2000+ java files, 3,000+ junit
test cases and ORACLE database. Every morning, there will be a cron job running ant to do
the build and run these junit test cases. It also sends the results to everyone.

> Our manager is looking for 0% failure for the junit tests, which is very difficult to
reach. There is quite a few time that Person A's changes causes the failure of Person B's
Junit test cases!

> So we are just thinking if we could create an "object" to a web server to invoke these
build and testing targets in ant. Whoever commits some new changes, he may just need to "push
a button" at the front-end, to make sure the changes DO NOT break anything